It's a sunny Friday and I am at home feeling so incredibly lazy. I have been meaning to start a blog for years but, apart from my sadly neglected yahoo 360, it just hasn't happened. But this is the day!
So, who am I? I am a 38 year old Welsh girl living on the West Coast of Canada.
Before I got married I lived in London , worked in town, lived in Crouch End which had an abundance of cool restaurants, and I barely knew how to boil an egg but in the last few years I have grown to adore cooking. I am currently on "Neris and India's Idiot Proof Diet" so am following a majorly low carb way of eating. I have lost over twenty pounds already so I am very happy - and rather impressed that I haven't had more than a few squares of Green and Black's chocolate for twelve weeks!!
I adore genealogy, travel, listening to music, musical theatre, writing letters to friends around the world (yes, real letters!!!!) and creative writing. However, my two biggest hobbies are reading and movies. I do not know what I would do without books or movies so this blog will contain lots of mini reviews of both.
Currently I am reading a Nancy Mitford Biography by Selina Hastings. I am captivated by The Mitford Sisters and their lives. Other people who interest me are, in no order,
Vivien Leigh
Bette Davis
Richard Burton
Anne Frank
Amelia Earhart
Beatrix Potter
Emily Carr
Maud Lewis
Helen Keller
Cole Porter
So, who am I? I am a 38 year old Welsh girl living on the West Coast of Canada.
Before I got married I lived in London , worked in town, lived in Crouch End which had an abundance of cool restaurants, and I barely knew how to boil an egg but in the last few years I have grown to adore cooking. I am currently on "Neris and India's Idiot Proof Diet" so am following a majorly low carb way of eating. I have lost over twenty pounds already so I am very happy - and rather impressed that I haven't had more than a few squares of Green and Black's chocolate for twelve weeks!!
I adore genealogy, travel, listening to music, musical theatre, writing letters to friends around the world (yes, real letters!!!!) and creative writing. However, my two biggest hobbies are reading and movies. I do not know what I would do without books or movies so this blog will contain lots of mini reviews of both.
Currently I am reading a Nancy Mitford Biography by Selina Hastings. I am captivated by The Mitford Sisters and their lives. Other people who interest me are, in no order,
Vivien Leigh
Bette Davis
Richard Burton
Anne Frank
Amelia Earhart
Beatrix Potter
Emily Carr
Maud Lewis
Helen Keller
Cole Porter
Judy Garland
Charlie Chaplin
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Charlie Chaplin
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Lucy Maud Montgomery
Frances Hodgson Burnett
Louisa May Alcott
Frances Hodgson Burnett
Louisa May Alcott
William Wilberforce
and so many more
The most recent movie I went to see was "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day" which is based on the 1930's book by Winifred Watson which was republished by Persephone Books a few years ago. Well, I adored the book but was a little bit worried that the film would be awful but ... apart from a few little niggling things that only an anal retentive bookworm like me would shiver at, it was divine. Amy Adams was just perfect as Miss La Fosse. Alas, I had the noisiest popcorn eater behind me and the girl who needed to check her mobile phone for messages every ten minutes beside me . *Sigh* Some people really should just wait for the dvd to come out so they can watch it in the comfort of their own home and make as much noise as possible!
and so many more
The most recent movie I went to see was "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day" which is based on the 1930's book by Winifred Watson which was republished by Persephone Books a few years ago. Well, I adored the book but was a little bit worried that the film would be awful but ... apart from a few little niggling things that only an anal retentive bookworm like me would shiver at, it was divine. Amy Adams was just perfect as Miss La Fosse. Alas, I had the noisiest popcorn eater behind me and the girl who needed to check her mobile phone for messages every ten minutes beside me . *Sigh* Some people really should just wait for the dvd to come out so they can watch it in the comfort of their own home and make as much noise as possible!
And that, dear readers, is the end of my first blog post.

1 comment:
Welcome to our Blogging adventure!
Good Luck baby!
Post a Comment