Saturday, 17 May 2008

The Start of Summer


It's the fun time of the month and the hormones are a jumping and I admit it, I have the blues. I feel like bathing in a tub of Cadbury's Dairy Milk. It's another gorgeous sunny day out there and the apartment is so muggy but, on the plus side, the construction site opposite isn't in operation today.


The start of summer is always an emotional time for me, probably with most women of a certain age, when they realise that all the new year resolutions they made in January of how their life was going to improve beyond belief haven't really worked. Although I have the weight issue on the way to being conquered, only another 20 pounds to go, my life is still so incredibly unstable it beggers belief. Now I set myself another goalpost - my 39th birthday in October when things WILL be getting ironed out ... hopefully.



But enough of boring reality! I feel like getting totally lost in an old movie today. Something that either I haven't seen before or haven't seen in ages and can't quite recall the whole plot. There is nothing on TCM so I think it will have to be a stroll down to the local video/dvd shop which has a fab collection of old movies on video - most of which aren't on dvd yet. I adore the magic of old black and white movies. Infact I think I have decided - The Clock with Judy Garland and Robert Walker. Made it 1945 and set in NYC, it tells the story of a soldier on 48 hour leave who meets a girl in Pennsylvania Station and they fall in love. It was Judy's first straight drama - she doesn't sing a note. The film is gorgeous - I haven't seen it in about 8 years so I will love you and leave you and go to ...NYC 1945





1 comment:

Princess and the Bear said...

I'm in the mood for something light and blousy today, Doris Day I think, maybe Pillow Talk, I love that one, or Send me no flowers with the gorgeous Rock Hudson.
I'm very emotional today (after the toe thing) Hope to speak to my Twinsis later, that will make me feel better xx