I got up early this morning to watch Wimbledon - I am currently watcing Nadal and Schuettler. Nadal is about to win by the looks of it. I like him. I prefer dishy Federer though. :-O (Oooh, I had to share this photo of my niece who is now 14 watching Wimbledon.)
I picked this up from one of the lovely crafty blogs I was browsing through the other day I thought it would be fun to try!
What was I doing 10 years ago
I was living in Crouch End, London and working in theatre/sales marketing. My sister and the kids were living less than 20 min walk away. Life was full of theatre, eating out, bookshops and more theatre!
5 things on my to do list for today
Pay the bills online
Post a letter to Mum
Do grocery shopping
Meet up with KT to give her some dvds
Go to Library
Snacks I enjoy
Macademia and Cashews - I only discovered them when I started this low carb way of eating, I never thought I liked nuts!
Cheese - Most kinds except stinky blue!
Decent chocolate - Lindt, Green and Black's, local artisan and British Cadburys
Things I would do if I was a billionaire
Firstly I would give all my beloved friends a big chunk to have financial security for life. I personally would adopt a few children from overseas. Then I would open a number of orphanages/schools in various parts of the world of which I would be very much part of. Ahhhh, this is something I think of every time I buy a lottery ticket!! I would also love to buy some lovely coastal properties in the UK and set up a chain of retirement homes for seniors where the emphasis would be on having fun in their golden years. I always feel sad when I see retirement/nursing homes on tv - they look so nasty and beige. These would be full of colour, music, decent food and lots of excursions. Oh wouldn't it be luverly?
Places I have lived
Swansea South Wales
Crouch End, Highgate, Finchley, Hendon London
Vancouver Island, Canada
I am reading the most amazing autobiograpy - "Spilling the Beans" by Clarissa Dickson Wright. She was doing the promo for it last summer when I was home and she came across as such a likeable person. She was one of the "Two Fat Ladies" cooking team - Jennifer Patterson died in 1999. Clarissa was the youngest child of an Australian heiress and a brilliant surgeon who was a violent alcoholic. She had me thoroughly engrossed by page 5 - she is such a wonderful storyteller and so real!
Well, time for me to get in the shower.

2 comments:
The book sounds very good, indeed.
And your lottery winnings "plans" sound wonderful-especially the retirement homes one. My own grandmother is cared for in one of those homes, but we are blessed that is a place with a noticebly caring staff, and out on a country road in a wooded setting where I like to take her out on the grounds, it's so pretty there. I always thi nk, though, of all the other places she could have ended up, had we not been around--some elderly don't even have family.
Anyway, your ideas havegot me thinking that you SHOULD win the lottery!!
I might try this list on my own blog...that okay??
And Nadal won....what a surprise! A long match too though.
Have not seen much of Wimbledon this year. I guess I was done with watching sports for a while after the Euro2008 haha.
The photo is awesome!!!
Love the little survey you did...might add it to my blog today as well (since I'm totally uninspired myself lol).
Love your 'thinking of others'....even while you have so much on your plate yourself! It would be luverly ;-) though to have the seniors have a great place to spend their last days of their lives! We do have houses like that here...but only for the happy few. Those are quite expensive. Ah well, our country should spend more money in care!
Thanks for sharing this!
Post a Comment