Thursday, 25 September 2008

Autumn Arrives ....


I actually love Autumn. I love the chill in the air, the darker evenings and especially the leaves falling from the trees. I skip through them like a five year old! Alas, the arrival of Autumn also means my birthday is around the corner and this is a big one - 39 - just one more to go until the big 40. It's going to be a year of goodbyes and tears and new beginnings. I am not quite sure what will happen.


The last few weeks have been okay. I am working in the gift shop and the theatre. It's opening night tonight - "A Midsummer Night's Dream". It's nice being around theatre folk again. I loved overhearing things last night like "Moth needs to have her ribbons sewn on"and "Titania is going to be late because she had a flat tyre."


I had an email the night before last informing me that RENT is being broadcast live from Broadway for four performances. Gosh, that could have been announced earlier! I am going on Sunday afternoon and am already getting butterflies. The film was wonderful but the stage show is simply magical. I am looking forward to seeing the special appearance by the original cast so much!


It's been a weird week with lots of family issues on T's side. But on the plus side, two of my best girl pals have found love in a big way!! I am thrilled for them! Ahhhhhh, to be in love again - those lovely first weeks of getting to know each other, when you just want to snuggle, hold hands and look at each other and kiss and kiss and kiss!!!


Well I'd best get off and get ready for the theatre.
Oooh and the other news I have is that one of my oldest pals Phillip, an actor, is opening in the London production of "Priscilla Queen of the Desert" next year with Jason Donovan! How exciting to be in an opening cast of a new show!!
Okay I'm off now ....


2 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

I didn't realize you worked in the theature Quirkey!! How exciting! The lights, the music, the greasepaint, the excitement, opening nights, closing nights and everything in between! Wonderful! Ahh, new love . . . it's such a blissful and wonderful time. Would that it could stay that way permanently, but then again....we'd never get much else done would we? We'd have our heads in the clouds all the time!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your job in theature! Sounds like this is the place you were meant to be, my friend.

I'm happy for the Autumn season as well. There is nothing like the chill in the air...it is like the wind in my sails. Enjoy your Autumn and don't fret over another year of getting older. It is just a number. (I have to tell myself the same thing time and again.) You are accomplishing many things now and I'm so sure God has bigger plans in the year to come for you.