
It's hard to believe that it is seven years since "9/11" isn't it? I heard T shriek and then he came in and told me that the World Trade Centre had collapsed. In my sleepy mind I thought he meant that something was going on with The Stock Exchange but got out of bed anyway. When I saw those visions on my tv screen it took my breath away - to be honest it still does, every single time. Along with the rest of the world, we sat there glued to the television - T didn't go to class and two neighbours came into our apartment to watch the coverage. I spent a frantic two days trying to make sure one of my best pals, Dave, who was an accountant and sometimes had business meetings in the WTC was okay. I finally got his office in London on the phone and he wasn't in NY at the time. He was okay but so many weren't. Fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, daughters, sons and friends ... soooo many innocent lives lost.
There are so many conspiracy theories out there - I've heard everything from George Bush/Dick Cheney arranging it to The Rothschild Family setting it up. Maybe I am terribly naive but I can't believe that any citizen of the Western World would be that evil and even if there were insiders in the US government who were - then people like Bill Clinton, Al Gore and Obama, to name a few, would NEVER have let it happen and stayed quiet about it.
In the end, the most important thing is so many people lost their lives. They were innocent office workers, fire fighters and air pasengers thinking it was just another day. I will be remembering them and their loved ones today.
This is me in September 1991 - I thought I had lost these photos so I was really glad to come across them.
xx

2 comments:
It's funny, but I didn't give much thought to this day today(last year I was depressed on this day), even though the weather today was much like it was seven years ago. That is what I will always remember--the brilliant blue sky and sunshine that day, which contrasted so sharply with what was happening.
Well, I was driving home with my daughter after school just a sort while ago. They had been discussing it in one of her classes. I never ever talked about it with her until today.
Sept. 11, 2001 was the first day of 1st Grade for her then and I remember wanting her to know nothing about what evil human beings were capable of and I tried really hard for years that she not see any images of the destruction that day. Now, since I guess I can't shield her forever, I am talking with her about it a little. And then I got home and read your blog.
I, too, as cynical as I am about my government, don't believe the conspiracy theories. We proba;ly don't know the half of the real story, but I do believe a good portion of it has been deciphered.
Yes I agree time flies!
I was at work (I think it was around 4.30 pm here) as I heard it and saw it on the internet. My girlfriend in Australia could not sleep and we emailed to and fro to talk about it, to share our fears.... how bizarre it all felt.
I see it as a kind of war, whomever was behind it all...
And every war is just so tragic, for the wrong reasons and many many innocent people are involved.
Post a Comment