
It's been a busy week. Yesterday was my 39th birthday. I haven't been looking forward to it anyway but due to a few family issues and this crazy toothache I really wasn't in celebration mode at all. It was, without any doubt, my quietest birthday in over two decades. But I enjoyed it.
I had some lovely pressies including those in the photograph here - an Anne of Green Gables 100th Anniversary Diary from my friend Nicola, Lost in Austen dvd, East of the Sun and Eternal Light Cd from my sister and co, A lovely knitted bunnykins and felt lavender scotty dog from Cottage Crafts - and some dvds of the fab 1980's Aussie series A Country Practice (many fond memories of being off school sick and watching this!!!) and off my fellow Mitford Sisters addict, Josie, a plethora of good books including Evelyn Waugh and Diana Cooper's letters, All Passion Spent by Vita Sackville West and Sophie Dahl's "The Man with the Dancing Eyes" and the Out of Africa dvd and finally, off my first ever teacher, Miss Issac, a lovely boho necklace. I got back in contact with Miss Isaac about 4 years ago - I still have the birdy badge she got me for my 5th birthday!
I had a really bad headache when I first woke up but went to see T's Mum for a bit as she is unwell and later in the afternoon I met N for a quicky before she went to work. Then I came home and put my pyjamas on and watched Empire of the Sun while eating praline hedgehogs and drinking Lady Grey tea.
I went Whale Watching last weekend - I had a free pass via work. We saw orcas, humpback whales and loads of very loud sea lions! I will post some film and photos of them tomorrow. I haven't been for a number of years and I got such a thrill from zooming over the waves. I love the ride almost as much as I love the whales!!
I just got in from work and I am shattered. I am back in at 10 am in the morning so I am going to have an early night - I think I will start "The Man with the Dancing Eyes". I will write more interesting blogs this weekend .... I promise!!!

7 comments:
Awww...so sorry I missed your birthday!!! Looks like it was a good one anyways! Looking forward to seeing more posts from you! XXOO
Looks like you have been spoiled :-))
Even quiet your birthday evening sounded rather well to me!
I love whale watching. You were lucky to see so much though. Last time I ended up only seeing the sea lions ;-). I agree with you I love the ride too, it feels so powerful!
You did pretty well in the pressie department!! :-)
What are 'praline hedgehogs'??
Happy Belated Birthday!
darlingest Hon, I hope it was the best birthday ever!
So many presents! Good for you :-) A different birthday, but a good one.
I also wonder what hedgehogs are?
I hope you enjoy reading 'pearls, Girls and Monty Bodkin' to Julia bunny, she loves PG Wodehouse but I havent read that one to her.
We love you Princess xxx
Post a Comment