Friday, 14 November 2008

Dreams


I have bizarre dreams. I have a number of places that I go to regularly in my dreams - a station in London that doesn't really exist, a bookshop and a flat that I live in with someone different every dream! I often dream that I have to go back to school to do a Maths or French exam and I wake up trying to remember my Algebra lessons! Probably the most frequent dream I have is one that takes place in a holiday camp that my church used to hold its annual conference at in the 80's. It used to be something that all of us youth looked forward to all year. We would go on our old church bus and spend a week meeting up with old friends from other branches of our church throughout the UK. It was a really amazing time. When I dream about it, it is usually the last day and I am getting stressed because I have brought a huge bookcase full of books with me and I know that they aren't all going to fit on the bus! I wonder what that dream means!


Last night I was at a conference with Hilary Clinton and Ellen Degeneres ...... and The Beckhams, who are two of my least favourite people. I had told Victoria how much I thought she was a poor role model for young girls as all she thought about was fashion and had never read a book and was just in the middle of telling David Beckham that I was sure that he was really a nice guy when he blew a raspberry in my face and then ....... I got woken up, for real, by a racoon in the car park outside but I was still half asleep so I thought it was DB making the weird noises. Hmmmmm!!!


I have had lots of dreams about Barry Manilow, Winona Ryder, Oprah Winfrey and the cast of an Aussie show called McLeod's Daughters. I am just remembering that Hilary Clinton was in another dream last week - she was staying at my house in Wales!!! The thing is that I never think about these people so how do they get into my head while I am asleep???!!!


I also regularly have talking hamsters and dogs. Tiny dogs that are the size of hamsters!


I have a number of dreams when I am crawling along the road as I just can't pick myself up - no prizes for the real meaning there!!


This is a strange post but it's the first thing that came to mind!


It's been a typical November day here - wet and dark. I'm working every day for the next ten days - some days both shop and theatre. The shop is really quiet but the theatre is nonstop - the time goes so quickly there. In the shop, now that tourist season is over, I can go a whole hour without a customer so I regularly read a book in a day!


Hope everyone is well.


xxxxxxxxxxxx



5 comments:

Gal Friday said...

Typical November day here, too--wet, foggy(early yet) and dark. Sitting with my coffee and am delighted to read about your dreams first thing. This past week, nearly every morning my DH and DD and I have sat around the table before work or school, telling each other about our dreams.
(your blog might get me to blog about a disturbing reoccuring dream I have...)
Anyway, I wonder what signifigance your own reoccuring dream about the holiday camp and you with the bookcase full (!) of books means. Hmmmm.....
And Hillary popping up in your dreams, and you getting razzed by D.Beckham! LOL!!
I have had Johnny Rotten(Lydon) pop up in my dreams from time to time, but can't remember any more famous people. You have quite the enviable cast of celebs showing up in your own dreams, lucky you! (and you got to tell V.Beckham off...cool!)

Gal Friday said...

It's me again, being a pest.
Only, I have to tell you this: as my daughter became more awake this morning (she wakes up very slowly), she told me about her dream that she had last night, and....she also dreamt about Ellen DeGeneres!(known simply as Ellen in this house, because my daughter watches her show every day)
So, how strange is that?--you dreaming about Ellen recently and now Rachel, too.

Marie Rayner said...

Oh, I have had some pretty strange dreams too, and some really incredible ones. Better than any television show ever. I do dream about my children a lot and we are always together and they are small and still needing me. Perhaps I miss those days?

cessie said...

I love weird dreams...it makes you think why on earth one can come up with these subjects. I always wonder what they would mean as well ;-)

How awesome it is to be able to read books during work!! That would make it *a lot* more fun :-)).
And would leave me some time to read at all (I have not had a proper read for ages it seems).

Claus said...

Ohhh...if I told you the tons of strange dreams I also have...about trips and NEVER bringing money, about school and always at test time, about vampires...it's a looong list :-) Did have a recurring dream only on Halloween night up until I was 19-20 years old. It was an awful dream and only happened on that night, which made it very scary. I have had dreams with Joaquin Phoenix!! which I absolutely adore, and when I wake up, and close my eyes and try very hard to go back to my dream :-)

Typical November day here (fortunately, as we had hot days last week!) = Cold front with Polar winds from the north making temperatures go down. Feels nice actually, or at least what one expects to have at this time of year :-)