I've been in a bit of a sad patch again. Mostly the same old stuff - just wanting to be in a happy marriage with a child but some other stuff has been on my mind too. Blah! I feel a crazy mixed up woman. When I am glum I go into hermit mode and am happy to stay there until I come out of my bluesfest.
I've been working on some family tree stuff - which makes me happy in some ways but sad in others as I wonder if my line will stop with me. It's so very addictive! I get such a buzz when I find a "match" - I actually did quite a bit on my great great grandmother's side last night. I'm currently hunting, yet again, for the biggest mystery in my tree - my father's great great grandfather. The photo above is my grandmother with my aunty who died aged 14 in 1924 of Meningitis. The picture below is one of hers which somehow has survived all the years!
I deleted my mix tape yesterday as when I went to play it a few of the songs which had originally been fine hadn't played. I really enjoyed doing it so I might well make another one soon.
But for now it's back to the 1851 Census .....

5 comments:
Sorry to hear you have been blue. I have been feeling ornery, unrespected and emotional, myself(silly stuff, I know, but I am in a moody mood lately). Maybe it's the full moon??
Do you know WHO the little girl ancestor is, in the hoop skirt?? Good thing your grandmother was so careful about saving it. (I f I lived near you, I would love to preserve it for you by framing it under archival glass..IF you wanted, of course!)
I wish I knew more about my own family..all branches(from Greece, Germany and Quebec, Canada via France...). I suppose if I were to really work at it(as you have done) I could find out more. One day....
*the same thing happened to me--missing songs off my mixtape...maybe they'll reappear?
XOXO
I've been wanting to do my family tree for some time now, and I've actually started a couple of times, but each time I've found trouble finding info on both sides of my family, especially my dad's side. Both my grandparents on my dad's side have passed away, and there are no relatives there anymore to dig out information. My grandma on my mom's side has told me a few stories, and has given me some pictures, but not much to build up anything. I start with energy, and end up very fustrated...maybe I should give it a chance again? It must be fun when you have access to information, and you can learn a lot! Keep up the work!
Hi QC- just a note of encouragement as you continue on your life's path....I enjoy reading your blog and know that sunshine is coming your way soon :)
cheers
sarai
Oh my dear, so sorry to hear that you've been down! What can I do? This family tree therapy seems to be helping you a bit. Don't you dare let stumbling blocks snatch away your dreams of being a mother.
A very dear friend once told me to "stay postive, be positive" even in the midst of a fiery trial. I didn't want to hear those things at the time. I wanted to be in that Job mobe of "woe is me"-somehow, thinking I'd feel better. But I didn't. Being positive and thinking positive is trial within itself but it worth the effort. With lots of prayer and positive people around you--you will survive and come out on top!! I'm here cheering you on. I love you lots!
I'm sure we'd all love to hear more about your family tree!!
Hang in there!--affectionalety, E
Sorry to hear you are down! Is it the monthlies or just life? Hope you will feel ok again soon!!
It *is* interesting to know more about your ancestors! Although I guess the history in my case will be a bit dull (comparing to e.g. Tina with branches coming from all over the world), my parents and grandparents come all from the same village ;-)
Post a Comment