Well, just over a week until I go home. I have started getting excited, but also stressed because it is quite a journey to do on my own. I get the coach to the ferry, ferry, then back on coach to airport, 9.5 hour flight and then 5 hour coach from London to Wales and then a cab from town to home - all in all it's almost 22 hours door to door - if it all goes to plan. But there will be two little old faces waiting in the window for me, with a cup of tea ready and a hot water bottle in my bed - and big mummy and daddy cuddles!! :-) Can't wait!!!! I've been trying to buy my last few gifts online this evening - I'm trying to get hold of a large print book for Dad with not much success. It seems to be available in libraries in large print but nowhere else - not even in a specialist large print book shop. It's the bestseller "The Last Fighting Tommy" by Harry Patch and Richard Van Emden. I'm not giving up yet. I'd get him the audio book but he always falls asleep within 5 mins.
Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing my parents so much. I plan to recharge my batteries big time! (I just wish I could take my smelly little hamster with me!! ) I'm going to come back stronger and happier and ready for major life changes! CC and I are making plans for our Yorkshire trip - I can't wait! My arthritis is up and down - today I've been okay but over the weekend I was hunched up like an old woman. I should have my blood test results early next week.
I don't have much to post tonight but here are two cute pictures to make you smile, both from dailymail.co.uk ..

and .....


6 comments:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Fighting-Tommy-Surviving-Trenches/dp/0747591156
I'm sure you tried amazon have you?
Have a save trip home :-))
Hugs
B
Hi B
I need it in Large Print as his eyesight isn't so good now. It seems that it was available for a few months in LP but it's now out of print.
Hugs J xx
I hope you have a lovely trip home!! It's hard to imagine that for a time instead of you being half way across the world from me, you will only be at the other side of my country! Have a wonderful visit!! and a Merry Christmas! XXOO
Can only get the regular paperback and hardcover versions here as well. Hope you will find it eventually.
I can imagine you are looking forward to Christmas in the UK!! And I'm sure you will do fine during the journey :-)
In case I don't 'talk' to you again in the coming week (I never know these days) I already want to wish you a safe trip and a great wonderful warm cozy stay with the family and with CC of course ;-)
X
Hello Quirky Celt! Such a lovely post! I know what you mean about going home and being with the parents. There is nothing like it! They take care of you! Those childhood memories come flooding back!!! You enjoy your time with your parents and your trip that you have planned! Please keep posting and let us all know what you are up to!! Many prayers for you and love.
Hugs,
~Unfurling Flower~
Thinking about you today-you must be off or just about to leave for *home*. While the trip is long and exhausting, you'll be relaxing and enjoying those friendly faces and places soon.
A Merry Christmas to you, and hope to read lots of blogs by the Quirky Celt in 2009.
Post a Comment