Well it's been a crazy few days. I am finally back in Wales - after a 27ish hour journey door to door! Victoria, along with the rest of Canada, had major snow the last week - I loved it!! Well, I loved the white fluffy crisp stuff, not too fond of the dirty slushy stuff that comes later! And .... my poor little hamster has been ill - we really thought that she was on her way out about 5 nights ago as she wasn't eating, drinking, looked as if she was wasting away. I initially thought she had something called Wet Tail but then realised that it was constipation. So I have spent the last few days trying to force feed her prunes. cod liver oil, berries and spinach and massaging her little swollen abdomen. She was still uhummm, "not performing" the morning I left but she was looking much better and when I phoned T last night he said he thinks she has "performed" at long last. I KNOW she's just a fluffy ratty thing but she's my one source of real affection there and I adore her. So .... hopefully she's going to make a full recovery.
I gor upgraded for the second time in my life - alas, not to first class but to World Traveller Plus, so I got a lot more leg room and was able to recline more. I can't believe it but I slept for most of the flight - I put Brideshead Revisited on, part of the inflight entertainment and must have fallen asleep within 15 mins (I would never do that with the original) and woke up with only 1 .5 hours left to travel!!
So, now I am home and plan to do nothing for a few days except relax, read and enjoy the company of friends and family. And write .... I actually started writing again the other night - I dreamt a whole book/screenplay - I know it sounds bizarre but that's what happened!! I am still in early stages but I think it's one I might just finish. I am so excited by it!
Well, I have a million jobs to do for Mum and Dad, who look really well, I am happy to say.
I wish all my friends love and happiness today, tomorrow and always! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:
Glad you are home and made it safely. Love the snow pic! Do enjoy yourself and take care. Love you lots. Hugs, ~Unfurling Flower~
I'm so glad to read you are back home. You sound HAPPY and that's great. Enjoy your time there!!
I do hope your little ball of fur makes a full recovery--I can imagine how hard it is for you to leave her and must be thinking about her, even though you are *home* now and happy.
The "writing project" sounds intriguing, to say the least. Happy New Year and may 2009 be a great year for all sorts of creative(and treavelling?) adventures for you.
Post a Comment