Tuesday, 30 December 2008

Happy 2009!




So it's almost 2009! How on earth did that happen?!!! I'm so determined to be positive about the new year. I'm going to be 40 and things are going to turn around for me this year - they are, they are, they are!! My New Year Resolutions are

1. To keep on writing my latest project and to finally finish something!! I've never been so "into" something as I am with this.

2. To go on a "real" holiday - even if it isn't until the end of the year. I'm talking long haul here - and I have an idea of where I want to go :-)

3. To keep on with my new "way of eating" and try to drop another 10 pounds so I will really be slim! I'm US size 10/UK Size 12 now and my top half is good but my legs need some working on. My sister reported that my cellulite had all but vanished last week - how incredible is that? I put it down to all the water I have drunk this year.

4. Not to get caught in a "woe is me" rut when I go back to Canada while I await the immigration papers.

I have no plans for tomorrow night - just a baby bottle of Champagne and I will probably watch Miss Potter and the first episode of Brideshead and eat lots of cheese!!

I also really need to update my book blog which has been neglected terribly!

To all my friends who read this blog and who make me smile with your comments that never fail to uplift me when I am feeling down - Happy New Year!! I love you all and I hope that 2009 brings you love, health and happy happy days!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

cessie said...

It is.... time really flies hey! I'm very determined this one will be a happy one too ;-)
I like your resolutions and I'm sure you will fulfil a lot of it, you have been great in 2008 as well :-).
I did not make my NY resolutions yet, will do so next week when we will be off and out.
Did you have a nice NYE? Hope so!
Have a great year girl!!
X

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Quirky Celt! Hope you are settling in and finding your spot. Your New Year's resolutions are great and I wish you so much luck in this writing endeavor you have determined to see through to the end. You stick with it and I will be praying for you to accomplish this dream. Do take care and keep your chin up! Fondly, ~Unfurling Flower~

Claus said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too J! May this one be a great one in every single aspect. Keep on going with the new eating style :-) I am too determined to keep up with my eaiting ways and my exercise regime. It'd done good and I feel good.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see masses of new posts from you this year, Hon. And 2009 is SO going to be your year to shine.
Where will you travel to? I LONG for you to come to New Zealand and see me! Or for me to come to Canada, or Wales maybe, and see you. Whatever the case, good Heavens, Hon, we HAVE to meet and be "bosom friends" like Anne and Diana!
xxxx