Well, it's January 21st. My weeks in the UK have just flown by. Last week I went up to North Wales for a visit with Cottage Crafts. We had a spiffing time! Lots of Laughter and Chocolate!!! We did a bit of a road trip with stops at The Cadbury Shop, Lincoln, Chesterfield, Buxton and ... Chatsworth Estate. Although Chatsworth House is closed until March, we drove onto the estate and we were both amazed at its beauty. Alas, Dowager Duchess Debo (nee Mitford) didn't come and invite us in for afternoon tea .. maybe next time.
We stayed in a B and B in Buxton and had a bit of a spa night - aren't we gorgeous??
I'm off up to London to stay with my sister for a few days. Mum and Dad were going to come uptoo but they've decided to wait until the weather gets a bit better. So I am hoping to continue my Mitford pilgrimage and visit 10 Curzon Street where Nancy worked in WW2.
Heading back to Canada on Feb 9th. Very mixed feelings but stuff has to be sorted once and for all!
This time next year it will all be sorted! I hope .......!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment