Sunday, 27 July 2008

The Bear

6 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

How scary and exciting! I have lived in bear country before and I was always terrified of them! thankfully we have none here. My cousin in NS looked out her living room window one hot day last summer to see a black bear sunning himself in her son's wading pool!

cessie said...

I agree with Marie...so scary! I think it would take my breath away to have it so nearby lol.

Only Me said...

Loved the video!! Was great to hear some of your voice over the video as well.

Gal Friday said...

What a beautiful creature! I was thrilled for you when you were describing seeing this bear in the previous entry, especially when you said you could even hear him BREATHING!!
I have yet to figure out how to add a video off of our digital camera to add to the blog, as you have here(have some fun footage of my daughter sliding down some waterfalls like an otter)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful and scary encounter! I'm so glad you enjoyed your vacation and got to see your favourite animal. I would have been unable to operate a camera I would be so scared :)

4streegrrl said...

hmmmm, I'm no expert but I think that bear is checking YOU out because he associates humans with food. Based on my many bear encounters and all the books I've read on the subject, most "normal" bears will run off when they see a human. But that guy...I don't know, but I think he is nonchalantly coming over to see what you can offer him. Given that he is by the side of the road and you can see garbage in the video, I suspect he hangs out there regularly for garbage picking. Exciting as it is, I don't think he is a "good" bear. He is very healthy, though. :)