Thursday, 31 July 2008

Random Favourite Film Clips

I am in the process of sorting out my dvd wallets - I am attempting to put them in alphabetical order! As I look through them I get so many clips and lines of dialogue racing through my mind. I am rather conservative in my film viewing - I hate action, anything with major bad language/sex/violence and would probably slit my wrists if I had to sit through a Tarantino film again!

I have been browsing on youtube and here are a few of my favourite cinematic moments .....

Firstly, Audrey Hepburn singing Moon River ......




Secondly, this wonderful scene from The Dead Poet's Society



Thirdly, Ewan and Renee in Miss Potter - which holds the record for the volume of tears I shed during my first viewing!!!




Okay here is another tear jerker - the incredible finale of Life is Beautiful




I have to include this which, in my opinion, is one of the most romantic clips ever! High Society with Bing Crosby and Grace Kelly .. True Love.



This is from the WONDERFUL movie Peter's Friends and I was so glum when it wasn't on the soundtrack. I adore their voices! What an amazing cast!



And Finally .... Alanis Morissette sings Let's Fall in Love from Delovely.




There are tons more that I could have added - infact I might do another few next month :-) I hope these make you smile!

4 comments:

Only Me said...

Just love this! My favorite of your pics is the one of Audrey Hepburn singing Moon River! I remember seeing that as a kid and would dream of being the one singing...memories! Just lovely! Thanks for sharing all the clips. You have awesome taste. Fondly, Evie :)

cessie said...

I agree with Evie on the Audrey Hepburn video, but I really need to see Miss Potter (it's on my list for a while) and Delovely (did not know that one).
Interesting entry, thanks for sharing!

Claus said...

Just like Cessie, I need to see Ms. Potter. Never came to Guatemala, and I'm not sure I have seen it on the rental place...will have to do something about that. Great selection of clips!! makes me want to see a movie, instead of just starting the week at work :-(

Marie Rayner said...

Great film clips! I am a real fan of older films. My absolute all time favourite is a little gem called, "Our Vines Have Tender Grapes." starring Edward G Robinson, Agnes Moorehead and Margaret O'Brien. It's a wonderful film!