
I had some sad news this week from home. One of my oldest friends is in hospital and probably has to have a hysterectomy. It's hard being on the other side of the world. I would love to go and visit her to cheer her up. We met at age 14 on the bus to a store in town where I had been a "Saturday girl" for a few weeks and she was starting that day. We both had the awful brown, pink and white overall uniform on so we smiled and started chatting - eeeek, it was 24 years ago!! We were firm friends within minutes. Although months can go by without us talking to each other when I am over here, as soon as we meet up again it really is as if no time has passed. So, all my love and best wishes are being sent to her today. L, I love you!!
It's a sunnyish Saturday morning and I have Africam playing - I saw a giraffe last night and a rhino this morning. A hyena was running around the rhino but he didn't seem to mind. It's incredible - technology just blows me away time and time again! Do check it out!!
I looked into the TEFL course and it was $4050!!! Much more than I expected so I think that it has to go on the back boiler for now. Although there are a few other places that I can check out as this college is renowned for being expensive. Fingers crossed!!
T is moaning at me to get a full time job straight away. I try to explain that I am nearly 40 and have had no career for almost 8 years and I have to get something under my belt asap - and of course I want something that I can take with me wherever I end up. He doesn't lift a finger at home so I wonder if this will change when I start work. He can't even rinse out his coffee cup. Sigh!
I REALLY want to do the TEFL but part of me is already wondering if I could talk in front of a whole class. I am so outgoing but somehow putting me in front of a group of adults and asking me to speak is nerve wrecking! It's crazy. I know that working with children would be easier and also working one to one with adults would be fine. Anyhow ... we'll see!!
I had a dream last night that I was pregnant - I have them about once a week. It's always crushing when I wake up and reality strikes. But ... it is going to happen!! I have to keep believing.
I have a skirt on today!! I am showing my legs!! I might get KT to take a photo of me later as this is a big thing!!
More Later.

2 comments:
Sending big hugs to your friend Pinky :)
I'm sure you'll find a cheaper course, or even find one when you get home, but it will happen, and you'll be great at talking to your students.
I'm chatting to you now so I'll put Africam on while we talk. Oh yeah and show me your legs lol
hahahah now I sound like an old perv heeh
LEEEeeeeeeer ;)
Sorry to hear about your friend! Best wishes!
I'm sure you will find a cheaper course too. Have you looked into the online courses? Or would you prefer a course face to face?
Of course you are having some 'stage frights' now that it is nearing, but I'm positive this will disappear as soon as you will be working on it and doing the course!
Take care!!
Post a Comment