Sunday, 1 June 2008

Sunday Evening


Ahhhh, I have Tchaikovsky playing on the cd player, a cup of Earl Grey on the table and T has gone to bed. Bliss!! It's been a lovely weekend. I had a nice walk yesterday and today I visited KT's apartment and we watched Mary Tyler Moore. I loved watching Rhoda in the 70's but I really don't remember The Mary Tyler Moore Show. We watched the first couple of episodes and I loved it! I am not huge on modern comedies really - probably my most recent favourite is "As Time Goes By"with the wonderful Geoffrey Palmer and Dame Judi. I have seen all the episodes countless times and ... I still laugh at Lionel's dryness and Alistair's "Hey hey hey Li" every single time. Mum and Dad adore it and whenever I watch it over here I can hear Dad chortling until he can't catch his breath and Mum saying "It's wonderful acting isn't it?" at every single episode.

I am starting to look into doing a TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) course this week. It's something that I think I would be good at and, even better, it's something that I can take with me wherever I end up - it will help me if I achieve my dream of volunteering in Africa. I plan to get a part time job - it would be wonderful if I could get into a book shop or library. I'll just have to see what happens.

I am feeling so much better than this time last week - it's amazing what a little piece of paper can do to one's mood!!

The above photo was taken last week at the Swiftsure Yacht Race. It has nothing whatsoever to do with my post today but hey .... I am quirky!! :-)
Well, I am going to get back to my cup of tea and "Water for Elephants".

I wonder what this week will have in store?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes! Sounds like you had a lovely Sunday! "As Time Goes By" is the best---a real classic! I own the series and find myself watching it on a lazy day and laughing. Good stuff!!

Princess and the Bear said...

What a great idea, looking into teaching. You'd be fabby at it.
I love the pic of the boats too, I have it on my desktop :)
hugs xxx

cessie said...

There is so much energy coming from this entry. I can read you are feeling so much better...and am so happy about it!!
I agree with CottageCrafts, I think you would do great as a teacher....and a great thing for volunteering indeed. Have fun exploring the possibilities!
And the bookshop/library would be great. I used to have that dream of having my own travel bookshop. Something like Hugh Grant in Notting Hill lol.
Xmarcelle