Friday, 30 May 2008

Friends


It's been a very friendy week for me. I feel very blessed to have such special people in my life. I have had so much messages of congratulations on my work permit. My taste in friends is as wonderful as my taste in books and movies :-) I had a great day with N and KT yesterday!! From watching Rainbow and Mr Benn to Kath and Kim - it was soooo nice to have friends around my flat without Grumpy walking in! Just being able to have a glass of wine (yes we did indulge in a glass) and chat on the sofa was fabby!


I don't know where I would be without my mates!! From friends I see a lot of, online and snail mail pals whom I have never met, and those whom I don't see enough of but when I do it's just as if no time has passed at all..... thanks for being you!!


But I think I lost a friend this week - which I don't think I have ever intentionally done before - with the exception of people whom the years and circumstances just separate. ( Hmmm, where is my old pal Dave????) It's so sad but I think in order for me to move forward I have to let her go. She accused me of a few things that I am still flabbergasted over. In my opinion, and in others I have shared the gory details with, I have done nothing wrong and yet, I have apologised profusely. She has not apologised. I have sent her a note saying that I need time to reflect and ponder over the last few days as I really can't talk to her yet. I am abysmal at confronting issues with people I care about - I just cry!!! She's someone whom I have entrusted my deepest thoughts and wishes with for over five years and yet, now I feel as if we don't know each other at all. It's all very bizarre and the only blot on an otherwise perfect week. Maybe we will patch it up in time but at the moment ....... I think I need a break.


I'm about to make a smoked salmon, asparagus and feta fritatta - try saying feta fritatta ten times quickly!!!! T just phoned from the ferry and he will be home in an hour. He's in a good mood Yay!! And he didn't break my camera Double Yay!!!!


I need to suss out how to add youtube and little bits of film from my camera here - any ideas?


Have a Super Weekend!!


xxx

1 comment:

Princess and the Bear said...

You know me and my words of wosdom, I'd say "The only people worth crying over are the ones who would never make you cry" Try not to get down, its your 'friend's loss if she wants to be sniffy.

Good job I'm your sister, not just your friend eh? hehehehe you're stuck with me ;)
Love you xxxx