Sunday, 25 May 2008

Insomnia


It's twenty to midnight and I will be heading to bed soon but first I am having a cup of sleepy tea. . I have spent ages tonight blog surfing and have had a great time!! I have found women in the same situation as me babywise, people who love books and people who love to cook. It's so fun finding strangers whom you have so much in common with. Finding others in the "I am nearly 40 and want to be a mum" situation has really helped change my mood. I plan to do some more blog hopping tomorrow. I found a fun thing on one of the booky sites I was on - using the alphabet state an author a -z and your favourite book by them. I do things like this in bed a lot when I can't sleep - counting sheep is so yesterday!! I go through a-z of friends, tv shows, movies, hymns, songs, animals, food - I 've done them all!! X and Z can be a bit of a problem in most cases!!

However - I missed out on V here - although I suppose I could have put Von Trapp Maria - The Trapp Family Singers - although that is obviously an autobiog. Any V suggestions??


A - Austen, Jane - Pride and Prejudice
B - Bronte ,Emily - Wuthering Heights
C - Coolidge, Susan - What Katy Did
D - Dickens, Monica - Mariana
E - Eliot, George - Mill on the Floss
F - Farmer, Penelope - Charlotte Sometimes
G - Gibbons, Stella - Cold Comfort Farm
H - Hanff, Helene - 84 Charing Cross Road
I - Ishiguru, Kazuo - Never Let Me Go
J - Jones, Lloyd - Mister Pip
K - Kingsolver, Barbara - The Poisonwood Bible
L - Lewis, C S -The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
M - Mitford, Nancy - Love in a Cold Climate
N - Noble, Barbara - Doreen
O - O'Farrell, Maggie - The Vanishing Act of Esme Lewis
P - Plath, Sylvia - The Bell Jar
Q - Quindlen, Anna - One True Thing
R - Rosoff ,Meg - How I Live Now
S - Smith, Dodie - I Capture the Castle
T - Tolkien, J R R - Lord of the Rings
U - Uttley, Alison - A Traveller in Time
V -
W - Waugh, Evelyn - Brideshead Revisited
X - Xinran - Miss Chopsticks
Y - Yates, Richard - The Easter Parade
Z - Zindel, Paul - The Pigman

Goodnight! Mind the bedbugs don't bite!!

2 comments:

Princess and the Bear said...

I did my version of my A-Z but I couldnt pick just one book, and I couldnt pick just one author, and i missed off some real loves like Bridesmaids revisited...but its an idea :)

cessie said...

I agree, there are *a lot* of interesting blogs to read!
I like the alphabet of authors/books you used here...
I have a couple of writers with a V on my bookshelves. A lot of them are Dutch, but found some international names as well: Vida Vendala (e.g. Let the northern lights erase your name, though I have not read the book yet, bought it in January) and Celestine Vaite (e.g. Frangipani).
It's interesting to have different ways of counting sheep I agree. I'm often travelling lol.