I HAVE A WORK PERMIT AND A SI NUMBER!! I CAN NOW LOOK FOR WORK IN CANADA!! I CAN SEE A DOCTOR HERE! AND A DENTIST! I have been skipping down the street in delight! I really feel so much more positive about things!I actually had a glance at some sperm donation sites this morning and the initial consultation, which I believe will also include a test to see how fertile I am, will now be covered by a medplan!! So I can get one step further to my dream :-)
The bad news is that I sent a friend, who, of course, is a mother and whose parents have had valuable time with their grandchildren, my "heavy blog" and she told me that I needed deep counselling. This hurt me so much. Infact I instantly sent her an email telling her that I was hurt by her words and that no amount of counselling will take away the fact that I am nearly 39 and my parents are in their 80's and I want so much for them to see me settled and happy and ... with a baby. I'm not a big one for counselling - I tried it with two different counsellors when I had depression with my endometriosis in my mid twenties and the female spent most of
the session asking me about my relationship with my father, which has always been wonderful, and the male spent most of his time looking at my cleavage.
Today I don't feel 38 years OLD, I feel 38 years YOUNG - what a difference a few days make!!
I am off for a glass of wine with KT.

5 comments:
I am sooo happy for you!! I can imagine you dancing in the streets :-).
It must give you so much more air to breathe!
And remember only you know what you want and need in life! No one else can tell you.
Take care!
Xmarcelle
yay for you Buddy!!!!
*hug*
Hi there, my old friend!! So excited to see your blog! I have to catch up with you and rekindle our bosom buddy friendship! You know I wish the best for you and I will dance with you in the streets for your joy to the fullest!!! Love you lots as always!!
Evie
What is it with these "friends"? I mean really!!! Thanks for your comment, I really appreciate your support.
Good news about the work permit. I have a friend who's been trying to get her green card for 6 years and it just came through so I understand how you must want to just feel the joy of it. Congratulations.
Merideth (Someone please knock me up)
Hi QC- Congrats on getting your work permit!
Regarding your friend's comment: when I started sharing my thoughts on having a child alone, I was stunned by the number of negative reactions I received. People I thought would be totally supportive were not. And those who I thought wouldn't care were so excited. I learned to just let comments roll off my back. Trust your instincts and your heart, and you will find your path....
Post a Comment