Monday, 26 May 2008

Tell Me Why I Don't Like Mondays ...


Actually it's been an okay day! I think maybe the tide is turning! I went to check the mail and there was a letter for me from immigration and it was ........ my work permit!!! Yes, after 6 years of "marriage" I can almost work!! I need to get a SI number first, which is my mission for tomorrow and then I guess I can start applying. Alas, the permit states that I am unable to do any classes in Educational Establishments, which is a bit poo as I had toyed with the idea of doing a TESL course.

Then, unless a miracle takes place - D I V O R C E. I don't think he really believes that I will do it. It's not been a marriage like any I have heard of - even in books! Whatever things we bonded over in the early days have totally been erased by his drug taking, infidelity and total disrespect for me. I was a silly, naive, spoilt girl when I moved over here - with no idea of how good my life had really been up until then. I know I am a MUCH nicer person now that I have been through all this crap. A bit of me will always care for T, even though he has treated me so badly. But for my sanity, and if I am ever going to have my dream of being a mother, I have to have the guts to leave. I will be the first person in my family to divorce.


Anyhow back to my day! After I had the letter I phoned Mum and told her the good news. I made T a bison burger, jacket potato and salad for lunch and then I met K for a cuppa and a chat in Starbucks. We "put the world to rights" in a hour and then I came home to change my shoes to meet up with another friend. I met her a few weeks ago in an exercise class - she hasn't told me her age but I guess she is approaching 65. We ended up walking home from class one Monday and she mentioned church and we discovered that I (infrequently I admit) go to the same church as she does. I ended up telling her some of my woes and she told me she would add me to her prayer list. Today she told me to pour my heart out to her and I did, for almost two hours. We talked about every aspect of my life that is causing me pain. She was a damned good listener. It really was like being with a shrink. So I felt very refreshed when we parted.


Tonight I finished off my previous post - some of those letters were tricky but, apart from V, I got there!! I had a lovely bath and I am now, once again, in a very uncomfy postion on the couch with a cup of tea. I think I am going to watch an episode of "The Duchess of Duke Street" before I go to bed. I have disc five out of the library. Damn that library is good! I looked to see if there were any positions going there but there isn't anything at the mo.


Well, roll on Tuesday and SI Number and let's get this party started!!!


2 comments:

Princess and the Bear said...

How lovely that you found an older friend to pour your heart out to, I'm glad it helped.

That husband of yours will soon have to believe you mean business when he comes home from work one day and finds you gone, home safe and sound in Wales! THEN what will he do? silly *bleep*

cessie said...

I agree...how great to find a soulmate who gives you the space to vent. We so need that in life!!

I guess the husband does not know what he has until it's gone...that's for sure.
But future looks bright for you!!!